It seems nobody can get this straight. Be generic and safe or be creative and orginal or be orginally safe or creatively generic. Seriously?
Phrases not to you use from the below linked article:
- Results-oriented professional
- Cross-functional teams
- More than [x] years of progressively responsible experience
- Superior (or excellent) communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Met or exceeded expectations
- Proven track record of success
- Works well with all levels of staff
- Team player
- Bottom-line orientation
I agree, most of them are absolute crap. You can find these terms on just about anyones resume, and trust me, many of them it doesn’t hold true for. People are innate liars. What happened to good old American merit, hard work, etc. No wonder businesses are having so much trouble.
It scares me to even attempt revising/updating my resume.